On Demand Executive, Chief Financial Officer, Finance Transformation Specialist
+61 424 696 065
Blending a broad and diverse professional services career with the depth of delivery experience and as a Finance Director Mark understands what it takes to get things done. A strategic solutioner he has a competitive but non-confrontational edge that means people like working for and with him. He has the presence and experience to engage executives on improving business performance.
Marks passion is elevating the role of finance to facilitate a relentless focus on driving business value. He understand how to translate strategies into plans that link operational performance into financial outcomes; creating the forecasting and analytical insights centred on the levers to deliver these.
Mark works with organisations to create the capability building blocks that underpin this focus on value through processes that drive the right behaviours, enabled through technology.
A highly accomplished finance professional and ex big 4 partner with over 25 years’ experience advising clients and delivering Finance and Business transformation projects.
- Redesigning integrated operational and finance Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting processes that create the agility and bias to action, including the implementation of technologies to create connected platforms and scenario modelling capability.
- Enabling the translation of strategy into the narrative to frame plans and initiatives to deliver them. Developing integrated operational and financial plans and agreed organisation wide targets at speed to guide and structure the budget development.
Creating Value Enhancing Reporting:
- Developing executive/management dashboards focused on generating
- shareholder value aligned to strategy; represented through KPI’s that cascade through the organisation.
- Rationalising and automating performance reporting to focus users on performance measures around key decisions.
Finance Operating Model Design and Implementation:
- Creating optimal Finance operating models to deliver the business of finance including standing up Shared Services, leveraging ERP’s and enabling technologies to drive scalability, efficiency and control.
- Building Finance Business Partnering capability through a reset and enablement of the planning and reporting processes combined supported with the delivery of training courses.
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (ACMA), Dare to Lead Trained
Construction, Real Estate, Aviation, Energy and Utilities, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Retail, Health Care and Medical Devices, Financial Services, Local and Federal government, Not for Profits
Finance, General Management, Strategy, Finance and Busienss Transformation, Enabling Technologies, People & Culture
Finance Transformation, Enterprise Performance Management/ XP&A, Finance Business Partnering, Operating Model Reorientation, Finance Function Effectiveness
“The best way to predict the future is to create it” Peter Drucker
“Imagination is more important than knowledge” Albert Einstein
“I joined Leaders on Demand...
... because I believe that transformational can only be achieved through meaningful and sustainable change that comes from within the organisation, a value that aligns strongly with Leaders on Demand”
“When I'm not at work...
... mindfulness and wellbeing are important to me and as a keen and competitive triathlete you'll most likely find me swimming, running or cycling either with mates or my partner Niamh. Otherwise I'll be in the garden trying to get plants to grow in the harsh Australian sun or alternatively relaxing by walking or reading a good book”