Human Capital - Interim Executive, Senior Advisor, Board Director
+61 414 426 939
Dr Juliet Bourke is an executive with over 30 years’ experience in human capital, culture transformation and leadership. She is recognised as a global culture and DEI leader who blends practice and theory to drive sustainable change in both the private and government sectors.
Juliet is a purpose-led people leader, strategic thinker and evidence-based decision maker. She is an excellent communicator, who is adept at simplifying complex information and taking stakeholders on the change journey. She demonstrates both drive and compassion, as well as long-term thinking while achieving short-term results.
Juliet’s approach to culture change is underpinned by her evidence-based thought leadership which has been adopted by diverse organisations such as Gilead Sciences, Regeneron, Walmart, the NZ Government and IMD Business School. She is sought after by organisations for developing, leading and delivering culture and leadership transformation and is available for interim executive or advisory deployments.
Juliet has strong commercial acumen, the demonstrated ability to shape and lead human capital agendas, coach leaders and work effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders. She gained these skills as a result of her experience as a Human Capital Partner at Deloitte, co-founder of Aequus Partners, government lawyer and board member.
Juliet has worked with global leaders in multi-national companies and government entities located in six continents to design and deliver culture change programs, including in Deloitte itself. Clients include the UN, RBA, Defence, NSW Public Service Commission, Apple and Telstra.
In addition to her executive work, Juliet also serves on several boards and advisory committees (including Ovarian Cancer Australian, 30% Club Steering Committee) and is a Professor of Practice at the School of Management and Governance at UNSW.
- Led a global team to successfully design and deliver the United Nation’s Sexual Harassment program of work in response to the #MeToo movement (across 131 UN entities, in 191 countries and 6 languages).
- Led the Taskforce on Care Costs to deliver new policy and budget reform within the Federal Government on childcare.
- Coached Deloitte’s top global leaders (including the Chairman) on inclusive leadership, helping to increase diversity representation and engagement.
- Successful co-founding & growth of Aequus Partners - recognised for leadership and development and workplace investigation. Ultimate sale to Deloitte.
- Appointed Chairperson of Government and Related Employees Appeal Tribunal, Chairperson (2002-2010, part-time) to chair Tribunal sittings to conciliate or determine workplace disputes by NSW Government employees regarding merit promotions/appointment
- Juliet’s positive impact on culture change, DEI and leadership, is indicated by her personal receipt of global awards, as well as those received by her clients. Recent personal awards include: 2023 Top 101 Global Engagement Influencer (Inspiring Workplaces); 2021 & 2022 Top 100 Global HR Influencer (Engagedly Inc); 2019 Australia’s Top 100 Women of Influence (AFR); and 2019 Deloitte Global Chairman’s Award. Recent organisational awards include: QBE’s 2022 Organisational Development Award (AHRI) and Deloitte’s 2020 Advancing Women in Leadership (Catalyst).
PhD Business School at Brunel University London; Master of Laws (Hons) Sydney University; Bachelor of Arts (Psychology Major) and Bachelor of Laws University of New South Wales, Graduate of the AICD.
As a management consultant I have worked across all sectors except Tobacco and Gambling.
Executive Leadership, Human Capital, People & Culture, DEI
Culture Transformation, Leadership transitions, Cultural resets, Leadership development
“Do Something Now. If not you, who? If not here, where? If not now, when?” Theodore Roosevelt
“Whatever you do, do it well” Anon
“I joined Leaders on Demand...
... to work with brilliant leaders who have an urgent need to create meaningful cultural change."
“When I'm not at work...
... I am living a full life of family, friends, travel and art galleries, oh and walking the dog!"